Melissa's Flight Attendant Blog





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Archives

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
March 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
December 2012
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
July 2013
January 2014
February 2014



Name: Melissa

About Me

Countries Visited (not including Turnarounds): Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, North Korea, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vatican City

My Perfect Day in -
London | Perth | Sydney | Melbourne

Site Feed -
http://tampaxtowers.blogspot.com/atom.xml

My Email -
tampaxtowers[at]gmail[dot]com

My Facebook -
Tampax Towers

My Twitter -
@melissaecholima

Links -
Airline Crew.net
Airline Uniforms
Airline Meals
Seatguru - Most Comfy Seats On Any Airline
Trip Advisor
Airtoons
pprune.org - Pilot's rumour network

Friends -
Kangaroo with a Sweet Tooth
Kronicles of Kris
The Adventures of Alle Malice
Joel's trek across Asia/Europe in a Hilux
Phil's Wine Site

Blogs I read -
Tray Table
Airboy
Lifehacker
I Can Has Cheezburger
The Flying Pinto
Girl on Raw
Things Bogans Like
Bobby at Up, Up and a Gay
Straight Guy in the Queer Skies

Credits -
Skin by Falter
BlogSkins


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Latest Updates
Friday, October 20, 2006
Hello guys, hope you're all doing well. Missing everyone at home dearly. Since the last 3 flights I've done have been to KL, I've decided to cram the trips into the one post lah!

Malaysia (Truly Asia)
Okay, after doing 3 KL's, I'm very much looking forward to doing a Perth, if only for the variety. Every single meal I had outside of the hotel was pretty substadard. Weather was humid, but I'd go to the pool and it would be too windy. On the bright side, everything was cheap!!! Meals I could eat for 12 Ringgit ($5 AUD) including softies, Shoes were selling for as cheap as 35 Ringgit ($16 AUD) and so on. Make up was cheaper than Dubai Duty free. I left there with over 200 Ringgit left to spare, all of which will be put to god use on my Perth layover. The crew on most flights were pretty great. There was this girl, Yasmin, whe was on my Korea flight and on the first KL, so it was good to at least fly with someone I knew and to ask them about what to do etc. There was this guy on my last flight though, a Brazilian guy, who had a lot of people try to guess his sexuality. Just in general chats with him I found out he's obsessed with musicals, esp. Sound of Music, and studied acting at college. He also likes to preen and purse his lips in the galley mirrors when he thinks no one's looking, and has his hair spiked up like Jimmy Neutron. Even had one male pax ask if he was single. So... one of the male crew just flat out asked him, turns out he's straight. Could've fooled me...


Here's a picture of the Petronas Towers. It was visible from my hotel room it was so tall lah.


The Butcher Shop and Grill
Okay, well, in addition to the Noodle House, I frequent this restaurant very regularly. Like, once a week at least, regularly. Every single time I go, it's really good food, and the waiters are friendly, and since I used to do their job, I give a tip, not too huge, not too little. Then things started getting weird. One of the Philopino waiters, Dom Dom, asks me for my number. I say no. Nothing more said which is how I prefer things to be. Then I come back next week, fill out a comment card, then get a phone call from the supervisor (who's eastern european) asking if I'd like dinner. I say no, mainly because I have no freakin' idea who this guy is. And then on the beach the other day, I get a missed call from a number I don't recognise, a number different from Eastern European's. And then this...

"I miss you"? Huh?

Melissa the Chef
Righteo, since Ashleigh's coming back in a few days, I thought it wise to add some dishes to my cooking repatoire. I only know one dinner dish by heart actually, but I'm working on a Thai dish at the moment. Hopefully I can perfect it to the way I like it without chucking out too much chicken.

Spaghettini aglio, olio e peperoncino
(Spaghettini with garlic, olive oil and chilli)


One whole packet of Spaghettini, Angel Hair or other thin long pasta (500g)
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 small chillis, chopped finely
3 garlic cloves, mushed
small handfull of chopped parsley
grated parmesan

Put large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook. Drain pasta in sieve once cooked, leave aside.Into same saucepan (make sure excess water is vaporated first) add olive oil, chilli and garlic. Heat until garlic and chilli begin to sizzle and colour oil. Add pasta and parsley to oil, remove from heat, and toss quickly to coat all of pasta. Serve immediately with heaps of parmesan and freshly cracked black pepper.

7 comments