Countries Visited (not including Turnarounds): Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, North Korea, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vatican City
My Perfect Day in -
Site Feed -
My Email -
My Facebook -
My Twitter -
Seatguru - Most Comfy Seats On Any Airline
pprune.org - Pilot's rumour network
Kangaroo with a Sweet Tooth
Kronicles of Kris
The Adventures of Alle Malice
Joel's trek across Asia/Europe in a Hilux
Phil's Wine Site
Blogs I read -
I Can Has Cheezburger
The Flying Pinto
Girl on Raw
Things Bogans Like
Bobby at Up, Up and a Gay
Straight Guy in the Queer Skies
Skin by Falter
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Hey guys, just a short update to let you know what's been happening. Actually, nothing much has happened, so I don't know whether you'll find any of this interesting. But here goes...
- After I did my London flight, I had minimum rest for Shanghai (PVG). As a result, I stayed the whole 30 hours inside the hotel catching up on as much sleep as possible. The Shanghai flight was awful, with the only highlight being that I was flying with 3 people I already knew and there was this v. cool Aussie girl on board - Freya. Hopefully we can catch up soon over coffee... The worst bit of the flight was that she found a used sanitary napkin in the middle of the cabin. No one said this job would be easy...
- After the PVG flight, I was absolutely shattered, and treated myself to a Swedish massage and a facial at the Shangri-La. And also scored a 20% discount at the same time...
- The same night, I caught up with Grace, and then we partied all night long at Rock Bottom, which has to be the dingy-est place I'd ever seen (even worse than South Bank RSL in Canberra where you get 2 jugs of beer/wine/spirits for $5). I met this cute German guy, and we're trying to see each other again, but it's really hard since I work odd hours and he works 6-8pm or something like that.
- Yesterday I came back from Entebbe/Kampala in Uganda. It wasn't a lot of fun to be honest. The water coming out of the shower/toilet was all yellow, and walking around the streets for a little bit was very heartbreaking. I'd never seen so much poverty in my life. I gave a huge tip to the hotel and driver afterwards - in US, so I hope it goes a long way.
- The crew were great! And I got to work in business class too. It was hard, especially not being trained as to what to do or serve etc. but I managed. It was very similar to banquet work at PCEC. Napkin guests, offer drinks, serve entree, clear, offer main, clear, offer desert, tea, coffee, cheese, fruit, petit fours, clear. Best thing about business is that no one gets motion sick. And I get paid the Business rate as opposed to the Economy rate. And eat their food. Mmmmmm.
- Tomorrow night I have a Korea flight. I'm one of only two people who aren't Korean or Arabic, so yeah, should be interesting.
- It's Ramadan! Which means all the Muslims are fasting during daylight, and we face jailtime if we get caught eating in public during the fast. I've lasted 3 days, and it's gonna be like this until the 23rd of October. I'm gonna struggle, but it's a good thing, because it promotes a lot of goodwill here. Think Christmas but longer.